Sunday 17 December 2017

Applique Cat Bags - inspired by Chewy!




When I pulled out my friend Ellie's name in the Secret Santa at work, I knew I wanted to get her something special... so I decided to make her a little useful bag that immortalised her cat Chewy, who arrived in her family's life this year. Chewy is a black cat with striking orange eyes. A few months ago, I had one of my good luck black cat cards on my desk, pinned up for a daily dose of good vibes and she had commented that it looked like Chewy. So I decided to make one a bit more Chewy-like - with the orange eyes and whip it up into a make-up/storage bag. The black cat has been applique on to the bright green cotton and the features have been hand embroidered. The bag is lined with padding and a dotty black fabric. I made one for myself too, as a practice (and a new make-up bag for me too!) I love how they have turned out! I posted them on twitter on the @handmadehour hashtag and I got an amazing response! I think I might make a short run this week and I'll pop them into my shop by Tuesday (maybe? hopefully?) so they will make the last Christmas post deadline in case anyone is interested in a last minute gift! 






No comments:

Post a Comment